Why a Crucified Messiah? by Fr. Thomas Hopko – Part 1
Why did the Messiah, the Savior of the world, have to necessarily die an unnatural death by being murdered?
Fr. Thomas Hopko gave the talk, Why a Crucified Messiah, at the 2007 “Come and See” seminar in St. Louis Missouri. The Seminar, the 6th organized by Orthodox Witness, was held at St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church in St. Louis Missouri. The “Come and See” seminars were organized to invite our community to learn more about the teachings of the Orthodox Church from high profile Orthodox converts and speakers.
Fr. Hopko delivered two talks at the 2007 seminar. In this post, we present the first of his two talks: “Why a Crucified Messiah?” [Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes]
Download an mp3 of this talk, for free, HERE.
Also: Listen to Fr. Hopko’s 3 minute review of Fr. Emmanuel’s book, The Heavenly Banquet: Understanding the Divine Liturgy:
- Did you work in my field? - June 12, 2021
- The “Jesus Prayer”: 11 quotations from the Saints - December 11, 2020
- How to make a country great again: 10 thoughts of Metropolitan Onuphry - November 20, 2020
- THE HEART: The instrument unknown to science - October 16, 2020
- Breaking the logic barrier - October 16, 2020
- Contemplate the human nature of Christ in 50 slides - December 12, 2019
- Keep your faith! An open letter to the monks of Mount Athos - August 28, 2019
- Elder Emilianos eulogizes Fr. Dimitri Gagastathis - May 9, 2019
- Why a Crucified Messiah? by Fr. Thomas Hopko – Part 1 - April 25, 2019
- Walled-off priest wins trial. Slap in the face for Metropolis - March 20, 2019